Morfik AppsBuilder makes it very easy to use popups, but knowing exactly how to get the desired effect or appearance might not be immediately obvious. I noticed this, just this week, during a conversation with a friend.
I’ve, personally, developed my own pattern for using popups in my applications and handn’t really stopped to consider that I was not touching all aspects of what you can do with them. When this friend showed me his application and asked me how to do somethings he hadn’t figured out himself, it hit me that I hadn’t really taken the time to exercise all the possibilities of popup forms.
With that perception and after a few consultations I set about looking up all the special parameters that can be used for customizing popups. The following is a list of these parameters.
- Modal – this is a boolean parameter which darkens the page outside of the popup and blocks user clicks to anything else. (Ex.: “modal=true”)
- Title – this is a string parameter that allows you to set the title that will be displayed on the popup’s caption. (Ex.: “title=Warning”)
- Closable – this is a boolean parameter which allows you to disable the close button on the upper right corner of the popup. (Ex.: “closable=false”)
- Draggable – boolean parameter which allows you to restrict the user’s ability to drag the popup around the page. (Ex.: “draggable=false”)
- NoBorder – boolean parameter which allows the form to be displayed without a border. (Ex.: “noborder=true”)
- Center – this is a boolean parameter which allows the user to specify that the popup should appear at the center of the page. (Ex.: “center=true”)
- Left – this is an integer parameter that allows the horizontal position where the popup will be displayed to be specified. (Ex.: “left=10″)
- Top – this is an integer parameter that allows the vertical position where the popup will be displayed to be specified. (Ex.: “top=20″)
I suggest you play around with these options in a call to OpenForm in order to see how the popup form behaves and looks.
Popup forms can be extremely valuable in allowing you handle data input and message display. These forms also open up entirely new interface possibilities.