In a recent post in the official Morfik blog Aram Mirkazemi, Founder and CEO of Morfik, announced that the next major version of Morfik should be released in the second quarter of 2010. While specific details aren’t yet available, Aram did leave us with a general list of improvements that we can expect to see in Morfik 3.0:
- Significant improvements to widgets and packages architecture and implementation
- New controls, as well as enhancements to existing controls
- Highly-improved continuous editable forms
- Support for internationalization
- Support for animation and special graphical effects when controls change state or are moved.
- Introduction of abstract data source
- Improvements to the built-in debug browser
- General bug fixing and improvements in software stability
One area where he have already been showed a peek at what we can expect is that of controls, as some weeks ago another post in the Morfik blog, this time by Dmitry Medvedev (who in his spare time runs Russia), showed us a menu system that would be available in a future release. I guess that we can be confident that it will be in version 3.0.